Pink Blush and Sage Green Acrylic Mixed Media Art Journal Painting
For my second mixed media art journal painting I’ve chosen pink blush and sage green color palette.
I started with gluing some old letters and sheet music to the journal. Then I went over it with modeling paste pushed through a stencil.
I added some paper lace and wooden embellishments.
After coloring with acrylic paints and stamping with rubber letter stamps, I used a brayer to apply golden paint on parts of the journal pages.
In the end I added some marks with water-soluble wax oil pastels and a black graphite pencil. I also distressed edges with walnut stain.
The finished piece reminded me of a texture from an ancient book.
While editing a video of me making this art journal page, I mixed in some drone video clips of ancient castles.
ART SUPPLIES used for this project:
- Canson Mix Media Art Book, 7 x 10 Inch
- 5 Piece Flat Brush Set – Royal & Langnickel
- Mini Brayer Roller – Ranger
- Reeves 9×12 Tear-Off Palette Paper Pad
- White Gesso – Royal Talens
- Portrait Rose – Goya
- Red Oxide – Liquitex
- Chrome Oxide Green Hue – Pebeo
- Light Grey – Marabu
- Neutral Grey – Amsterdam
- Iridescent Gold Fine – Golden
- Neocolor II water-soluble wax oil pastels
- All Watercolour Effect Pencil, Black – Stabilo
- Art Potch Varnish and Glue – Kreul
- Walnut Distress Spray Stain – Tim Holtz, Ranger
- Rubber Letter Stamps
There were so many sounds recorded while I did this collage video that it turned into an unintentional ASMR (no talking). I added some soft music so that you can relax and watch before you go to sleep.